Education Programs: Farm Internship and Volunteer Programs
Redwood Roots Farm owner Janet Czarnecki directs the Farm Internship and Volunteer Programs, sharing her years of farming expertise with individuals looking to gain experience in the field.
The farm internship is for those who want to become more involved in the day-to-day workings of the farm. Interns make a 3-month commitment to working 6-8 hours a week in return for training in small-scale organic agriculture. Offered in spring and summer.
Farm Volunteer Program
The field volunteer program is a less intensive option designed for individuals who still want hands-on experience but need a more flexible commitment.
What we expect:
- Interns: Two shifts per week from March through the end of May for spring internship; from mid-May through the end of August for summer internship.
Volunteers: A phone call the night before coming to a regularly scheduled shift.
- Communicate about shift changes.
- Be punctual and ready to work when shift starts.
What you can expect:
- Veggies and herbs.
- Seedlings for your own garden.
- Hands-on training in small-scale organic agriculture.
- Hard work, great lunches, and FUN!.